POP: A peer observation program from the L&S TA Training & Support Team
Give and receive teaching feedback and build connections with the flexible and individualized Peer Observation Partners (POP).
L&S TAs meet for a one-hour kickoff session to learn fundamentals of peer observation and join a three-person Peer Pod. Pods pick their observation times, and each TA chooses what they want their Pod peers to observe about their teaching.
Participate in POP to:
- build your teaching portfolio
- connect with other TAs
- observe new teaching methods and styles
- practice giving constructive feedback
- TAs will work collaboratively with their Peer Observation Pod to structure, execute, and reflect on a peer observation process.
- TAs will build professional teaching connections.
- TAs will apply feedback best practices to give constructive feedback to peers.
- TAs will receive, interpret, and apply peer feedback to improve their teaching skills and confidence.
- (Optional:) Video Pod TAs will apply foundational media project skills and increase their reflective practice through creating video for self-observation.
Video Pod Add-On:
Depending on interest and availability, POP TAs may dedicate additional time (+2 hours) and join a Video Pod, recording themselves teaching as an additional tool for observation. In addition to completing the standard POP program, Video Pod TAs access technical resources and a media primer for filming self-observations of teaching.